May 20, 2012
Rain or Shine
The CSC will bring the datasheets to record our data, but here is what everyone should bring to make this a comfortable, successful event:
· Clothing: Wear clothes that you don’t care about. Because of bugs and briers, I would wear socks and long pants. Footwear should be comfortable, and assume it will get wet and/or muddy…I would wear boots or old sneakers. You might want to wear a long sleeve shirt. Hats and sunglasses are a good idea. If it is raining, and you still decide to participate, a rain jacket would be good.
· Field Guide: Optional, but it may help with identification. I am going to bring Amphibians and Reptiles of Georgia.
· GPS Unit: If anyone has one, please bring it. It would be great to tell the CSC exactly where we found these snakes.
· Camera: Tim, can I make you Official Photographer of the Spring 2012 CSC Snake Count? Of course, everyone can bring their own cameras too.
· Binoculars: Sometimes good for scanning horizon to make IDs on snakes that you won’t be able to get close to.
· Pen/Pencil/Clipboard: For marking, and holding datasheets.
· Water/Sunscreen: If you think you will need it.
· Backpack: For holding all above, and anything else you are bringing.
We will meet in the parking lot at 9:30am. We will give a quick briefing on the count itself, what to do, what not to do, and split us into more than one group if needed. We will cover all habitats of the CNC, regardless of how many groups we end up being.